It is hard to believe but in the U.S. there is a burglary every 20 seconds! With that in mind, there are things you can do to make your home more secure, and in some cases, save on your home insurance.
- Landscape – Clear away areas that are overgrown so that you are not providing any potential hiding spots.
- Know your neighbors – Get to know the people around you, form a neighborhood watch and just keep an eye out for suspicious activities in your area.
- Lighting – By adding additional outdoor lighting that is on an automatic timer as well as keeping a light on indoors when you are away, could deter an intruder.
- Delivered Boxes – Have packages delivered to a spot where people cannot see them from the street or request a signature for delivery.
- Exit Routine – When you are leaving the house, do a final lap and lock all the doors, set the alarm system, and close the garage door once you pull out. If you have a house key hidden outside, make sure that it is not in an obvious spot (under the door mat or planter).
- Security System – Putting a security system in place is a good way to keep your house protected when you are sleeping or away. Bu putting in a security system, you could potentially save on your home insurance as well.
Protect your home and family by following these home safety tips! Want more? Give us a call and we would be happy to work with you.